Thursday 28 March 2013

Evaluation Question 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


I am not great at interviews at all and often loose everything I want to say when I get a camera put in my face, however I hope that this interview gives an idea as to how my music video uses, develops and challenges conventions of real media products. Both the digipak and advert also use, develop and challenge conventions of real media products.

Firstly both the advert and the digipak, use the conventions of a country genre because they use the same colour schemes, and imagery to promote the package of a country genre piece of music. The imagery includes, trees, outdoors, sun, red skies and long grass. These are some of the conventions that are used widely across the genre.

The way both of these challenge the conventions of real media texts are that, both have urban logos. The name is Superman which is automatically seen as quite a urban idea. The audience would see it as a man in a cloak, who can, fly saving people in a city, however this changes the whole meaning of it. I have redesigned the logo of the superhero and added some grass silhouettes to the logo. The typeface is another example as to how I have challenged the genres conventions. Most of the music in the genre use older style typefaces with serifs, and decorative styles however I have used quite a bold, urban type.

Developing from what is seen as normal to the genre, I have used quite a dull colour scheme, which has enabled me to follow the right conventions but have saturated the colours more giving me a development from other texts. The digipak is quite simple compared to some of the more detailed, designs of others in the genre. Where I have referred to images from other texts, some examples are posted in question two of my evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment