Tuesday 26 March 2013

Evaluation question 3: What have you learnt from you audience feedback?




My audience feedback has been detailed, with good technical feedback but also the meaning of the video. In the video, I got some positives and negatives.

In the interview, Bill did not understand the chair being used in the video and didn't understand the meaning. He read it as being quite entropic and out of the ordinary. He thought it didn't belong in the video and that the meaning should be clearer. I wanted this to happen because, you can read meanings into the video, through quite a lot of different things but when it comes to the chair, it doesn't really have one. I wanted people to stop and wonder what it meant, but I have learnt that it may be a negative and need to link it in a more obvious way in future.

Leanne said she thought that the whole video needed a stronger narrative and it didn't seem that obvious as to what it was about, and linking it to the lyrics. I agree with this, I found it very hard to come up with something that wouldn't be too redundant and obvious, linking the video to Superman as a superhero character. The lyrics are hard to go by because it is about something seen to be quite urban, but is performed in a very country, rural way.

Beth, said that she wanted to see more of the scenery around Josh singing and less of the close ups of him singing. She thinks also that the video needed more of a narrative and that the scenery, or more of the conventions would explain the text more. I agree with this also, that it video needs more explanation as to what is going on. It is evident that the audience can't see what is going on and that the visuals don't link too well to the text.

However this is not just about the video itself but also about the advert and digipak.
Leanne commented that both the digipak and advert were coherent and that they were easy to see that they belonged together as part of the same pack, she said that the advert and digipak represented the video well.

Bill thought that some of the font choices could have been better and that he didn't read into how the font has anything to do with the video style.

Beth agreed with Bill in saying that the font could have matched the style more like some other bands and products that are  in the genre.

I have learnt a lot from my audience, because they have told me what they thought of the video through general feedback like what was good and back etc. This has helped me because all of the feedback was from their on point of view and most of the packages features, met their likes and what they like in a video. However some of the feedback has shown me that maybe I need to concentrate on a narrative and that I have got that mixed up with the advert/digipak and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment